Industry Advisory Board (IAB)
Purpose, Responsibilities and Membership Categories
The Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) is a body composed of industry leaders, contractors, associations, media, education and public works representatives. The IAB is a valuable resource for the Trenchless Technology Center in strategic planning and program development, while also providing the Center with industry perspectives. The IAB is engaged in identifying and prioritizing current and future needs of the trenchless technology industry, monitoring progress of specific projects, reviewing research results prior to dissemination, assisting in projects, assisting in transferring information to the public and promoting construction education and the interaction of students with the industry. The Trenchless Technology Center Sponsors is a subclass within the IAB with limited benefits and reduced membership cost.
The IAB meets three times annually. The big meeting is a two-day event in Ruston, Louisiana, in October. The other two meetings are organized in conjunction with the UCT and the NASTT No-Dig conferences. The IAB meetings are used to brief the members on issues at the Trenchless Technology Center, present ongoing or recently completed Trenchless Technology Center research, and discuss strategic priorities and work on projects.
The IAB members encourage organizations and individual donors to provide financial support to Trenchless Technology Center, and set an example through contributions in an amount in relation to the category of the member.
The IAB Membership categories and their corresponding annual contributions are:
- Industry ($10,000);
- Contractors ($10,000);
- Associations ($5,000);
- Media (in-kind);
- Education/Research ($5,000);
- Consultants ($2,000); and
- Public Works (in-kind).
The TTC Sponsorship annual contribution is the same for all categories ($2,000).
Benefits of IAB Membership
IAB members get the recognition of major commitment to supporting the advancement of trenchless technology. The IAB member company and the representative holding the seat in the Board are listed on the Trenchless Technology Center web site, in the Trenchless Technology Center newsletters, in the Trenchless Technology Center booth at trenchless technology conferences, etc.
- IAB members have priority in presenting at Trenchless Technology Center municipal forums and other Trenchless Technology Center hosted workshops and events.
- IAB members get the presenter's fee waiver at any Trenchless Technology Center municipal forums where they present.
- IAB members have priority in collaborating with Trenchless Technology Center on research proposals and projects.
- IAB members qualify for discounted cost of laboratory and field testing at the Trenchless Technology Center.
- IAB members have option of early recruitment of graduate students knowledgeable in trenchless technology.
- IAB members get special assistance in obtaining publications from the Trenchless Technology Center restricted archives.
- IAB members get early access to research findings prior to publication, early notice of invention disclosures and priority licensing rights, royalty‐free, and non‐exclusive patent rights for core research developments.
Benefits of TTC Sponsorship
TTC sponsors get the recognition of supporting the advancement of trenchless technology.
- TTC sponsors get the presenter's fee waiver at up to two Trenchless Technology Center municipal forums annually.
- TTC sponsors have option of early recruitment of graduate students knowledgeable in trenchless technology.
- TTC sponsors get assistance in obtaining publications from the Trenchless Technology Center restricted archives.
- TTC sponsors get early access to research findings prior to publication.